Feb 26, 2009

Lint?... no LENT!

Lent:
So this year I am going to observe Lent. 1. By giving up something 2. By setting aside time everyday to read scripture and study about the life of Christ. I did a little research on Lent. It is observed the 40 days before Easter. The 6 Sunday’s during lent are not observed and are seen as a mini-celebration (or a mini-Easter) to celebrate the resurrection of Christ. I was not raised nor do I practice an orthodox Christianity but I just think it is so neat to physically and mentally be reminded of the ministry, life, death, and resurrection of Christ. There is a Lent reading plan on biblegateway.com http://www.biblegateway.com/blog/?p=115 that I will be following. Thought it would be neat to jot down some scripture that grabs me during these next days. So happy Lent everyone!

You’re blessed when you get your inside- your mind and heart- put right. Then you can see God in the outside world
Matt 4:8 (the message)

In a word, what I’m saying is grow up! You’re kingdom subjects. Now live like it. Live out your God-created identity. Live generously and graciously toward others the way God lives toward you.
Matt 4:48 (the message)

No comments: