Mar 10, 2008

P.C. Load Letter

I begin this blog with a scene from one of my ALL-TIME favorite movies "Office Space". This scene takes place when Peter is feeling a bit weary, well about a lot of things...

Peter Gibbons: Our high school guidance counselor used to ask us what you'd do if you had a million dollars and you didn't have to work. And invariably what you'd say was supposed to be your career. So, if you wanted to fix old cars you're supposed to be an auto mechanic.

Samir: So what did you say?

Peter Gibbons: I never had an answer. I guess that's why I'm working at Initech.

Michael Bolton: No, you're working at Initech because that question is bull$%$! to begin with. If everyone listened to her, there'd be no janitors, because no one would clean $%$! up if they had a million dollars.

Samir: You know what I would do if I had a million dollars? I would invest half of it in glorious mutual funds and take the other half over to my friend Asadulah who works in securities and

Michael Bolton: Samir, you're missing the point. The point is you're supposed to work out what you
[printer starts beeping]

Michael Bolton: "PC Load Letter"? What the $Q$! does that mean?


I have no fancy words of wisdom. But i do know, million dollars or not I really just want to do what God has me to do. I have no freaking clue what that is (occupation wise), but I think day by day now I am getting to a place where i can fully say this in truth and authority. A dear friend of mine recently told me... "if you lay your head down on the pillow each night with a joy that comes from an unending source [God] then how can you not be happy." So right now i am challenging my self to find joy in God and not in my circumstances- because let's face it, the majority of the world has it a hell of a lot harder than me.
So there it is Peter... if i had a million dollars i would want to find joy in God- good thing i don't need a million dollars to do it- cause it's FREE!



P.C. Load letter,
Genie Mo

1 comment:

Stook said...

I love this.
I love this so much!

Who cares what the F we do. Whatever you do, work as hard as you can at the PC LOAD letter (*#&* for the GLORY OF GOD!

I love this.