Mar 10, 2008

Times Like These...

My weekend... My weekend was amazing. I had quite a busy and involved week and i had the opportunity to stay at my parents house in Miami... Alone. All alone. Now, I am an extreme extrovert so parts of my alone time were hard and a bit drab, but overall it was such a wonderful time to reflect and process some stuff that's been going on in my life.
You know many times we are made to feel guilty when we retreat and get away. Maybe we feel like we are letting others down or like we have obligations to things. But check this out... Jesus did it. He did it quite a few times actually. The savior of the universe took a time out for prayer and reflection. So do it. Find time and go. Maybe not a weekend- maybe just a few hours. Go. Be alone. It may be hard (maybe not) but it might just be worth it.

Peace and Love to all
Genie Mo

1 comment:

Alice the Brit said...

AMEN Miss Genie-Mo - I'm an extrovert too, but LOVE being alone sometimes with my thoughts, prayers and my God...

Mind you having 4 kids can make any extrovert want to be alone ;)

I don't think I got to go to the loo alone with no little toddler (or 2) tagging along for about 14 years straight!!

Now it's the dogs that push the door open with their noses or (if I've had the audacity to SHUT the door) snort heavily under the door!!